Pages

Search blog and web

My Bipolar girlfriend and the safety of our child? Need help!

Hello
I've turned to this forum as I have tried elsewhere and can't get any helpful responses and have no one I can really talk to about this.

Anyway im 23 and I have a girlfriend of 2 years aged 18. I finished university last year and she was due to start this year but due to the illness she didn't get her a2 levels because she dropped out therefor can not go and she doesn't do anything at the moment.

She got diagnosed with bipolar 10 months ago but she had it before that. She was always acting strange after the first few months of our relationship creating arguments and getting paranoid and verbally violent. She would often call me names even racist names and tell me she was going to kill me etc, she would then cry to me telling me shes sorry, she was upset constantly but had short periods where she was happy and excited and hypo. She refuses medical treatment or therapy. Shes even put a knife to her mother before and threatened to stab her and threw a brick at her which luckily missed her all because of a silly argument. After these occasions she crys and tells me how its like some ones controlling her mind and how she doesn't mean to act like it and she can't stop it. She says she gets angry very easily and feels though her mind controls her. Shes a very paranoid person she used to spy on my computer and even made up fake facebook accounts and messaged me on their tryin g to get me to message them back which i never did, she used to count how many condoms we had then take one away and have a go at me asking where it went (she admitted to this) She gets upset about everything

Shes not had a deprived or poor child hood, she lives in a big house with her mum and dad and they give her everything she wants, her mum trys her best and trys to get her to get medical attention but every time she talks to her about it an argument starts and her mums got to the point where she is scared to talk to her and shes got ill from the arguments and is currently going to the doctors for stress, she shakes when she shouts. My girlfriend spends every day locked in her bedroom with all the curtains closed watching tv, she avoids spending time with friends and if her mother trys to talk to her or come in her room she shouts at her to get out. Im long distance so only see her once a month and when im over she never wants to go to the cinema etc she just wants to lay in bed in the dark and watch tv.

She got pregnant 9 months ago, she was on the pill and told me she may have forgot one, weather that was on purpose or not I don't know and she assures me it wasn't. Anyway she found out she was pregnant when she was 4 months gone. She told me she had a misscarige a few days after she found out 3 weeks later when she was 5 months gone she told me she didn't really have a misscarige she just was going to get an abortion but didn't want me to know and now has realised that she doesn't want an abortion. I was annoyed at her and angry but we got through it, she didn't tell her mum until she was 7 months gone and her mum was acceptive of it and told her that if she was going to have the child then she needed real proffesional help before it was too late. She refused still and didn't talk to her mother about the matter anymore, i told her too and she told me if i didn't shutup about it she wouldn't let me see the child when it was born.

We broke up when she was 8 and a half months pregnant, she ended it because she said she didn't trust me for some reason. I still love her and she said she still loved me but she wanted to be alone. I didn't text or bother her once unless it was about our baby. She gave birth to a little girl 5 days ago, she didn't tell me she was in labor her sister did, I went down after the birth and she screamed at me in the hospital to get out other wise she was calling security (I had done nothing wrong) I didn't even get a chance to see my daughter.

Her mother stepped in when she brought her home and told her until she got real help then she was not going to get full responsibility of her daughter because her mother felt she was not safe in her care and her mother sent our daughter to her nans house (my girlfriends nan) Who looked after her.

Anyway my girlfriends text me telling me about how she feels and that shes been addicted to perscription drugs for a while because they knock out her mind. Shes took the child from her nan's house lastnight because her mum and nan agreed that she could spend some time at her sisters with the child. Shes not at her sisters at all but her sister is covering for her because her sister doesn't know the half of the problems so just see's her nan and mum as being selfish in not letting her see the child. My girlfriend stayed at her friends house with the child lastnight and she's now currently driving somewhere, shes told me shes in her area sat on the beach front just spending some alone time with her daughter and then shes driving off somewhere far away to start fresh alone. She has next to no money and belongings with her and just her car and she told me she will find some where regardless.

Im concerned for her safety, I don't know what she will do to herself, im fairly sure she wouldn't hurt our daughter but she could do it unintentionally eg kill herself leaving my daughter alone somewhere. I don't want to call social services on her because its the whole point shes ran away as shes scared people are going to take her child from her, what should i do?? Im totally stuck?? should I get her to come to mine and try to take care of this myself or go further and call the police knowing that they will probaly take the child from her and and her family




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment