Pages

Search blog and web

Her mum asked me not to go round all the time

Last few weeks I've been going to my girlfriends house to stay on the weekends, I've always felt welcome and at home there and always been told by my GF that her mum doesn't mind me there and that I'm welcome to come and go as I choose. I've always offered to help out e.g help lay their patio washing up and every now and then I'll bring food and cook a meal for her whole family.
Last night I called in as we were going out for a meal and her mum called me in and said to me "I dunno if I should say this now as I don't want to put a downer on your night", she then went on to say to me that basically she doesn't want me to go round every weekend, that night was ok as my gf was taking me out and I'd be drinking so I can't drive home anyway. She said I've been over there both nights of the weekend for the last month in a row, it starts off like that and next thing in 6 months i'll be living there. I said thats understandable but don't worry I'm not planning on moving in here, and I'll bear it in mind and not stay so often. She said "it's not the fact that you stay its just that you're always here on the weekend, don't get me wrong, you're a lovely lad and treat my daughter with so much love and we don't mind you here, just not all the time. And I don't want you to feel that you're not welcome.

Now, I only go over there because my girlfriend asks me to, then when I'm there she asks if I want to stay the night, I've always said to her I don't want to outstay my welcome and she's always said you never will, my mum loves you, she said that she asked her mum about me staying and told her she only has a problem with me staying during the week due to the bathroom rush in the morning, (which is fair enough) but I'm more than welcome to stay on weekends.

I'm now worried that I'm going to go back to only seeing my girlfriend once every two weeks or so, as I work 7am-5pm during the week, and she is on a shift rota and her shifts are mainly night shifts so during the week I never get to see her, and on the weekends she normally works about midday till 8pm, which if I'm at her's I go home whilst she's at work.
I'd offer her to come to mine but she is allergic to my dogs, so the next day her eyes are all puffy and red and we can't keep going out on the weekends as it so expensive. I asked her what was up with her mum and she asked why did she say to me not to go over as much?, I said yeah, then she went off on a rant saying that the last couple of weeks her mums been a bitch being as awkward as she can to her and that Wednesday night they had a full blown argument about random stuff. So now I'm not sure if her mum doesn't actually want me there or if she was saying it to spite my girlfriend.

I actually don't want to go over there now, as I have taken it to heart and feel unwelcome, it did put a downer on my night (which otherwise would of been a great night) and I didn't drink so I could drive home after, my girlfriend asked if I wanted to stay and this was the first time I've said no to her, which I hate doing as she has low self confidence and it's taken ages to get to the point where she's ask me over/out/stay.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment