Pages

Search blog and web

Is this inappropriate?

H and I married for 15 years, 3 kids. Had some issues throughout the years regarding H lying about going out for lunches and/or dinners, and texting on off work hours with female coworkers.

Issues not totally resolved but I don't know, we just never bring them up. I, of course feel like I can't trust him. Another issue has recently come up which, I again, think is inappropriate.

Our next door neighbour couple like to drink on weekends and always invite my H over to drink with them. He likes to drink on weekends too. They invited me a couple of times, but first of all I don't drink and second of all they always start drinking at night, around 10pm and sometimes are out there chatting until 3 in the morning. I am usually in bed around then and am tired. I work and take care of the house and 3 kids. Plus we are 40 so not teenagers.

Anyway a couple of times the neighbour wife texted my husband and invited him out to drink with her while her hubby was away on business. My husband doesn't see anything wrong with this. He went outside with her, and they were having some wine and chatting and I was sitting inside stewing not being able to sleep.

By 12:30 i went out there and asked him to come in, he did but yelled at me for embarrasing him by coming outside and telling him to come in like a child. He said he was doing nothing wrong.

I don't think he should be outside with another woman while I'm inside sleeping. They have become quite friendly, and text jokes and friendly banter all the time now.

Even while she is out with her husband she will text my H and say something stupid about her husband etc. I don't know I just think it is inappropriate. Having conversations on text while he is with me, don't like it. makes me feel uneasy.

I have told them many times to have drinks at a regular time like normal people do, even 8 or 9 o'clock and I would love to join them. But no, they always go outside so late and stay out late. Most times her husband is there with them and I guess I don't mind that so much, but for whatever reason I don't like it when it's just the two of them.

I think that we are a couple, we should do things as a couple, go places as a couple, and when one is ready to leave you both leave. Not one goes home and the other stays out to party. Ridiculous..

My H says that I am being crazy, everyone has friends of the opposite sex, nothing happens. I guess I don't believe that anything is going on, but because of past situations and my own insecurities, I don't like it. He doesn't understand where I am coming from and doesn't want to change his behaviour. I find he is being disrespectful of my feelings.

I don't go around texting my neighbours husband and chatting with him without including his wife or my husband.

Am I wrong? Is it me? Do I have high expectations for a marriage? Or how a husband to behave? I guess I am feeling jealous. Sorry for rambling...




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment