Pages

Search blog and web

How did your children respond to your spouse's infidelity?



I would like to know how your children responded to your spouses' affair.
How old were the children?
How did they find out?
Did it play a part in trying to work things out?

I told my 28 year old son about my husband's affair. My son actually knew her because she was once my husband's sec'y. Four years ago during their EA, my son did not confront his Dad.
Recently, when it went to a PA, my son took it hard.

He grew up and matured during the past four years and now has a serious girlfriend which has helped him undertand the give-and-take of a relationship.

He was disgusted with his father's behavior. He lost resepect for him and he told his father.

This time he actually saw my hurt and pain as I shielded him four years ago.

He wondered how and why his Dad could treat his Mom so poorly. (BTW: my son also let ME know my faults as he sees them.)

He was the one who gave my husband the ultimatum:
"It's me or her."

Our son told us if Dad met someone after we were divorced, it would be different but this blank is a home-wrecker.

So, losing my loyal wife of 30 years + losing my only son / child = My Entire Family.

The End? Time will tell !




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment