Pages

Search blog and web

I'm 18...interested in a much older customer at work?

I'm 18, and he looks as if he's in his mid to late 40's. Anyways, I work at a cafe and a few days ago served this man at the table. We spoke for a bit, constantly exchanging smiles. It was early morning, and he made a couple jokes about how I'm too 'happy' for an 8am shift and I laughed it off and jokingly apologized which is when he said "no, don't apologize, that's just how I like them". Minutes later, we began to speak about football. He was telling me how he's been meaning to see a game, but no one he knows actually enjoys the sport which would take the 'fun' out of the whole experience. He said he's been looking for someone who enjoys the sport to go with him.

Anyways, he asked if I was working tomorrow (yesterday) and said that he would pass by for lunch again. He did, only this time It was a lot busier so I didn't have a chance to speak too much to him. I'd look over at him and catch him staring and we would constantly exchange smiles. He ordered a couple sandwiches for himself and a salad (he has a day job and a night job so he needed 'all the energy' is what he said lol'. I asked him if he wanted another glass since he ordered two Coca Colas and he started laughed and replied with "nope, I'm single, remember" and winked.

It's not too much to go off of, but right away we shared a lot in common and I PERSONALLY thought he was a tad interested but don't want to get ahead of myself.

First off, he doesn't know I'm only 18. He clearly thinks I'm older as he asked me if I owned the place and I said no.

My question is, would it be weird if I asked him for his name tomorrow since we've been speaking quite a bit lately and he's become a bit of a 'regular' (I know many customers by their names). Also, I was thinking of ME making the first move and asking him if he would like to go to a game sometime, but I want other's opinions on whether or not this is weird.

I'd obviously wait till I see him a bit more but still would appreciate all the opinions possible!

Thanks!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment