Pages

Search blog and web

How to let go of a unrequited first love?

SMALL WALL OF TEXT SO PREPARE YOURSELF

Basically there is this girl that i've fallen for hard over the course of the past year and a half, she knows all of my feelings for her, i know that it can never work due to distance (she can't do long distance again), however i'm finding it REALLY hard to let her go. I know i have to and i am trying, things is before i developed strong feelings for her we were really close and still are.

I've completely fallen for her, i wrote her a love letter (mainly as a coping mechanism, but i still sent it in the end), the only card i really have left is trying for another girl in the hope that i can forget about her, i know i have to in order to move on with my life and be happy, but everytime i think things are going well and i'm forgetting her something will cause me to think about her again (subconsciously or otherwise)

I still want to be freinds with her i don't want to loose her in that aspect, she had become my closet and best friend (a title which i personally don't give out too often)

I am trying for another girl right now, but due to the fact that we are on opposite sides of the country over the summer (met her at uni) the only thing i can really do is talk to her, i think things are progressing well, i'm jsut scared of rejection and being hurt (yet again) beacuse that will lead me back to square one - which for me normally means getting really depressed which meansi think about this unrequited love even more, which makes me feel even worse.

There are days were i don't think about her, but the flip side to that is that there are some days were i can't NOT think about her, i can't even talk about her in general coversation that much without feeling, angry/depressed etc.

I just don't know what to do, i will NOT cut full contact with her, i've never done that with any of my friends (regardless of whether i'm crushing on them or not) i don't talk to her that often (once or twice every two weeks) and i very rarely see her in person as she goes to another uni in another city and she just recently broke up with her ex (who also went to the same uni as me)




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment