Pages

Search blog and web

Which comes first peoples perceptions of you or convenience?

Ok so I went to the cinama's with my family, mum, aunt and cousin several days ago. My mum has a cold and coughed at me so I decided to move to the next seat, leaving a seat between me and my mum. Its easier anyway because we had our own arm rest so I thought why not spread out a bit. When I went to the cinema's with a friend I did the same I left a seat between us so that we would have our own arm rest.

My aunt said that she thought it was rude though and asked why I did it. She knows that Im not the social type (I dont have friends/boyfriends and all that) so she just wanted to bring that up I think. I said that it was more convenient because we each had our own armrest and i said my mum was coughing anyway. She said 'yea but how do you think it makes people feel, people might think that you think they smell, it was a social outing'. I said if you want to put perceptions before convenience then so be it. She said but if everyone put convenience first people would be coughing, burping and farting. I said ' they often do but for arguments sake that could be impacting on other people watching the film, me moving a seat away wouldnt impact on other people'. I said we went to watch the film and she was like yea but it was still a social outing.

She wasn't annoyed she just wanted this discussion but what do you lot think? I dont see the need for everyone to be sat right next to each other I just find it more comfortable to have my own seat/arm rest hah. If others want to sit next to each other then fine.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment