Pages

Search blog and web

How many British Pakistani's are willing to marry their cousin??

I was just wondering because I noticed this is something that seems to be going on a lot in the Pakistani community. I hang out with a group of Pakistani friends.One got hitched with her cousin (against her wishes) in Pakistan when she was only 17, another is getting enagged to her cousin from there but she seems happy.

But what triggered me to make this thread is that I have another friend who can't be with her boyfriend because she is already promised to her Pakistani cousin and there's nothing she can do about it.She told me the majority of the Mirpuri community would look down on her if she rejects her cousin.Also, none of her female relatives have married outside the extended family which is what shocked me the most!!

So British Pakistani's, what are your thoughts on getting married to your cousin particularly back in Pakistan?? Do some really have a choice? do you see it as a good thing since you are helping your family?or is it only to make your parents happy? better to keep it in the family?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment