Pages

Search blog and web

Environmental science nature geek wanted

I have an in ground pool that is covered with a tarp and the toads lay eggs that hatch. By the time the taddies are sprouting legs and arms and the first few are climbing out, it's time to open the pool.

In years past I used a plastic baby pool to allow the little guys to continue to develop, which is always fun to watch. What I love best is seeing the little tiny toadletts by the end of the summer, all fat and adorable! I feed them turtle sticks and keep an aquarium air pump in the baby pool and provide a means of escape when they are strong enough.

This year I had to replace the baby pool and purchased a blow up dollar job. Otherwise same set up that in the past has been successful. The first batch of taddies all died within 3 days. I am on day 3 of the second batch and this morning I saw a lot of floaters. Even guys who appeared to be ready to hop away!

Is there some chemical leaching from this blow up pool killing them? That seems likely BUT if that was the case, how could this blow up pool be safe for human babies?

Thoughts?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment