Pages

Search blog and web

Getting ignored a lot.

I find that I get ignored a lot probably because Im really quiet and only 4ft 11 but even when i make the effort its annoying. Im in my twenties and in group discussions when I contribute something it totally gets blanked. There have been several times where my idea or whatever has been been blanked and then someone else suggests it and people agree/take it seriously.

I have a cousin 2 years younger than me who is also in his twenties and he is the opposite of me in that he's better social skills and likes to talk loads. My family always ask him for advice on stuff such as our grandmother's health and never even think to ask me. Im not bragging or anything but I finished a mental health nursing degree last year and my opinions never get taken into account. When people who i know are discussing health topics One woman who i do sports with said that if she went on a ward and i was there she would just turn round and walk out, she was serious I think because i dont come across as assertive. A guy who does the same sport said that he wanted to ask me something the woman had told him not to ask me about blood pressure as i wouldnt know, he was laughing but it was just annoying.

Its not me being paranoid or anything my cousin points it out to they say why do they always go to him for advice. He's a very charasmatic guy and has many qualities. I wouldnt mind his opinions being taken seriously but he has no experience in healthcare (unless he's kept it top secret) left school with no qualificaions and has spent most of his time on the dole. His personality though suggests otherwise he is the very charming and persuasive type.

Anyway yea do you ever find this? I feel like people dont trust me/take me seriously because I dont have very good social skills and am very quiet. Its annoying though, do you ever get this?


Watch people ignore this thread now ha, no really do you ever feel the same?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment