Pages

Search blog and web

Men--normal to not have your own friends?

Husband moved to where I grew up after we got married, been here for awhile now. He was never super close with his friends at home but I'm sure if we lived there we'd be hanging out with them over the years. But where we have lived the past 10yrs (still do), he hasn't made any friends...a little bit with some co workers, but they're mostly female and boundaries were set up with that. Sometimes I feel badly when I hear of other guys going out together or doing stuff (like hunting, movies, bars, paintball etc) and he never does. I should add that my husband doesn't drink or fish or anything, he probably would like paintball though.

He did go to the gym more but stopped with the kids so he could be home to help and because of $$$. He said he eventually will go back but is fine with it now. Just once we got into an argument about him feeling like he couldn't go out if he wanted to with people from work and I said if there are mostly guys there I have no problem, I wish he would have brought it up at the time. From that discussion we resolved it and I said I want him to be happy and if he wants to go out with them please just tell me and I'll be fine with it.

I've asked him since and he said it really hasn't come up again with people there (especially since it's mostly girls). Besides this conversation, I don't think he *minds* not having friends or anything, but I'm sure he'd be happier overall (I think). We do have some couple friends we see now and then and that's about it. Most of our social outings are because of me (my friends, couple friends, kids' friends/parties, my family). I can tell when we do socialize that he *does* have a good time, he likes the interaction etc. When we met we had the same group of friends but overall he is more of a 'loner', like friends with the group but not really close to any.

So my question is, is this normal? Do other guys not have their own friends and are still happy with life? He always says he's happy and that honestly there isn't much time between work, kids, house projects etc. For me personally, I'd find groups, go to meetups, etc but I'm not sure if he would or not, he's more shy. But I guess if he really wanted to he could on his own...So what say you? Should I not worry about it? What do you guys do?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment