Pages

Search blog and web

Long Distance Marriage... just starting... just got married.

Hello~

I am not sure which kind of advice I can get about this, but I wanted to give it a try.
We got married last January, after living together for about 3 years. I am finishing my post graduate studies hopefully next April and the deal before was that I would find a job and he would follow.

On February, he got what seemed to be a nice opportunity of job (he is an artist)... 600km away from where I study. We didn't had the whole picture but it seemed good, since he has been doing completely none-related frustrating jobs in my city for a while.

He left two weeks ago (I know its really short).

The problem I am facing is his working schedule...
He has to be at his working place at 8.30am with a 30min commute. The finishing time should be at 8pm but it never happens, the average is 11.30pm and sometimes later (with at least four days in these two weeks finishing at 1am). He cannot message or else during these time. He calls me everyday right after he leaves work... He is supposed to have Tuesdays off... but *this season* is quite busy, so he hasn't have any day off so far :S (and they almost have no time off for lunch.)

I am feeling very lonely back home. We talk everyday, but I feel so frustrated about having to wait until he finishes his job to receive his phone call. We never know what time he will finish since it depends on the work load of the day.
I am used to talk and share a lot with him and share things during the day through sms or so... and this lack of chances to share things with him is making me feel so down.

I know its soon, but I went last weekend to his new place to visit him. He is so busy, we could only meet like two hours each nites (I stayed 3 nites), with him trying super hard not to fall asleep. He has been getting so few sleep these days, and I am aware he finishes his day super tired and half dead... it made me feel even lonelier.

He has no time. I understand he is starting in this place, learning a lot and finally doing what he likes. I am feeling very confused. I know he misses home and he misses me a lot, and he is making his best to talk to me everyday... He wants to keep working here for at least a year. I feel it is so long!! (I am aware a lot of people have worse conditions in many senses in long distance marriages, but still..). Also, the working conditions or time schedules won't seem to change even after working for more than a year.

If anyone has any tips, any similar experience, or any thoughts about the situation, they are all pretty welcome! I am feeling very confused and I would appreciate some lights.

Thank you!!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment