Pages

Search blog and web

Wife's Mid-Life Crisis Leaves Me All Alone

So here's my story. We have been married for 26 years and raised two great, well adjusted kids. My STBXW worked part time, when she wanted and took care of the kids. Our social life revolved primarily around our kids and her friends, most of whom are divorced. When the kids left the house, some distance appeared between us.

Early in 2014, I asked her if there was an issue with 'us'. She normally doesn't talk about her emotions/feelings at all. She unloaded and told me that she was 'profoundly unhappy with her life and with our relationship in particular'. She didn't know what would make her happy. She became very distant from that point and the distance only got worse.

She refused to do any type of counseling. She said she'd been trying to fix this by herself for a long time and it didn't work. She refused to talk about her feelings with me. I went to counseling by myself and that was tremendously beneficial.

Mid summer she moved out of the bedroom and in the fall she moved out of the house and in with a divorced girlfriend. After that I got the ILUBNILWU speech. She finally told me in January that she wants a divorce.

Oh, she and her roommate went out and got tattoos! Before anyone starts, I am 100% positive there is no other man in the picture.

I guess my question for everyone is how can someone throw away 27 years of a relationship and the prospect of a bright future? We could be sitting here financially set in a relationship with none of the big issues that break up marriages. Now she is looking at the prospect of no health insurance, one kid won't speak to her, no full time job, doesn't have any idea what she's going to do in the future, and she still can't say what will make her happy.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment