Pages

Search blog and web

Odd reaction from co-worker...?

So I'm talking with a few co-workers and we were discussing marriage and success in general. It was noted that I had two married guys on each side of me and we were discussing divorce rates etc. When it was mentioned that I had two guys on each side who were successfully, I mentioned that I kept my fingers crossed for them every day.
In my mind this was a nice thing to do.

Well the guy who has been married for 35 years started off saying that it was "the dumbest fvcking comment her had ever heard." And then started in that he had been married for so long that there was no way he was ever going to get divorced. He seemed really upset about it implying that I was waiting for it to fall apart.
He also implied that I was somehow detracted because I was divorced.

Now I was raised that when someone said something beneficent or well-meaning that you thank them or at least accept it.

I apologized for it coming out poorly, but he is still silent.

Anyone care to weigh in on this reaction?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment