Pages

Search blog and web

EA or PA does the gender matter?

So this was a fascinating discussion I had with a female friend of mine yesterday.

Both of us previously cheated on she kept her WS I left mine. Both WS had physical affairs. So we are discussing why I didn't try and reconcile. I told her once my x wife screwed another person it was the ultimate betrayl and unforgivable completely. Her view was complete opposite. Her husband had sex on a one night stand and had zero emotions involved just sex. She said the only reason she could forgive him was because it was only physical.

So we debate this for while and ask each other questions of course, I finally come to the conclusion that I am completely opposite. If I had caught my x prior to the physical affair in just the emotional affair would I have tried reconciliation? I just might have if for no other reasons than for the kids. No idea if it would have worked or not but I found myself thinking I would at least be open to the possibility of reconciliation vs not open at all if it was a physical affair.

My friends take is that this is the major difference between men and women. Men are less like to forgive a physical affair and women less likely to forgive an emotional affair. Fascinating and can't say I disagree. Anyone have any thoughts. Really no wrong answers since its a personal opinion on what you will tolerate and what you won't but curious is she is right about men placing more emphasis on the physical and women more on the emotional.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment