Pages

Search blog and web

Person I hate from school is in the same university as me: ADVICE NEEDED

  • Thread Starter

Background: The person in question is someone who I've known since year 7. We weren't really friends, more like acquaintances as school progressed. Around halfway through secondary school we had an extremely deep feud (over stupid stuff to be honest) and we literally became enemies. This hatred/feud between each other ended with a physical fight between us in school, leading to us both getting suspended for a short period of time.

After the fight, we never spoke to eachother and continued our hatred/feud, but more subtly. This person then wriggled their way into stealing most of my friends from this time onwards. There was a lot of tension between us on social media websites, with other people instigating. When we both went to sixth form together (how unfortunate) this feud had calmed down a considerable amount, but the underlying hatred was still there.

Fast forward: we both ended up firming the same university (****s sake), which is a top 10 VERY prestigious uni. We both decided last summer to properly end our feud and become friends because we were potentially going to the same university and what happened in the past was stupid and we had to move on. We both ended up getting into said university, and this is where my problem has started.

Now: I really can't stand this person even though we're friends. I thought I could move on and forget about what happened in the past and let go of my hatred, but I just can't. Now whilst at university, we kind of share the friendship network/the type of people he's friends with are the type of people I'm friends with, so our mutual links overlap. I really don't like this because I'm still scarred from secondary school when this person had basically stolen all my friends. I also can't stand being in the same environment with this person, in terms of space. When I go out on nights out and see this person it practically kills my mood. When I see this person on social networking websites it kills my mood. Everything about her/him kills my mood, essentially.

Now I'm in a dilemma, the university I'm currently in is perfect for me. I'm thinking about transferring but the course I'm in is really competitive and it's in a top 10 university, so my alternative options are limited as not many other top 10 university does it, so I don't know what to do.

What would you do if you were in my position? Would you just suck it up and spend the rest of university not completely happy, or would you act upon it and pursue a transfer and be completely happy?

I'm really stuck, it's effecting me to a point where my mental well-being is getting messed up, but the university and course is so good and is practically perfect for me. This is so annoying, please advise me.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment