Pages

Search blog and web

Asian Catholic guy w/ Asian Muslim girl

  • Thread Starter

Hey

Both myself and the girl I'm with aren't really practitioners of the religion, we were both brought up into our religion but share liberal values (her parents not so liberal). She does wear the hijab 50% of the time. Her diet is in-check with Muslim belief but I eat whatever and she is fine with it.

Me and her are in the same course at university, and eventually we began talking casually and normally. Things snowballed quickly and we were soon going out on dates and then meeting up alone.

We've slept with each other, and had sex, quite a few times. My parents aren't over the moon about me going out with a muslim girl (my mums a bit protective, my dad doesn't want me to turn into a playboy).

About 3/4s of her friends who are Muslims seem okay with the relationship, and I get along with them. The quarter I don't get along with so much (I just feel tension, no physical aggression or anything) are majority male Muslim friends of hers.

I've asked her how she feels about being with me and she says she loves me and that the religious problem shouldn't matter to us.

I'm not fussed with Catholicism or Christianity since I think religion is basically a collection of different historical accounts on the same person. Why I am worried is because I've read that Muslim women are forbidden from dating, or marrying a Non-Muslim which I don't agree with.

I won't convert to Islam.
Any advice for what I should do in this situation, and the consequences?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment