Pages

Search blog and web

Kids counseling

Lately my daughter has been bringing up more complex questions about my ex and I. She said "why don't I say I love daddy more than us. He's your husband" She is 8.
We technically split last Feb. Thats when he decided to sleep on couch, confusing my kids. He left in November and has already taken them on playdates with a new girl and her daughter. My son has been self-deemening himself. He is 6. Saying things like " I'm stupid" "I wish I was dead" But things about me or my ex are never in the sentences.

I decided to make an appointment for my daughter. It's getting really hard to answer her questions. She also tends to bring things up at bedtime. I don't want to answer her in detail and say the wrong thing and have her up all night thinking of it. These shouldn't be concerns for an 8 year old.

Is counseling the right decision for them?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment