Pages

Search blog and web

Feeling lonely and like something must be wrong with me

  • Thread Starter

This is going to sound like a whiney post, which I suppose it is in a way. But here goes anyway: due to serious health issues, I'm currently in my twenties and a fresher at university. Because I got seriously ill in my teens, I spent many years quite isolated. As a result, I've never had a boyfriend, never had sex, have never even been kissed.

I managed to make quite a lot of friends at uni already, but most of them are either girls or way younger than me. I joined a lot of clubs and societies, but whenever I talk to guys they seem completely, utterly uninterested. They're friendly, but never more than that. I don't go clubbing because I really dislike it, and am not interested in meeting someone for a one night stand. A while ago I actually went on a blind date with someone; we talked, we laughed, I thought it was all going well, but at the end of the night he left without asking my number, without asking to get in touch again, and without even properly saying goodbye. I contacted him afterwards to say I had a good time, thinking I was being paranoid - if I felt the date had gone well, then surely his strange parting was a coincidence? But he never even replied.

However arrogant it might sound, I don't get this. While I'm not very confident about my looks I know I'm not that bad looking either, and people often compliment me on how outgoing/social and nice I am. So what is it that I'm doing wrong?? Why do I give off this vibe that makes guys want to be friends with me at most? I'm at the point now where it's actually making me quite depressed; this has been happening to me for my entire life, and apart from making me feel very lonely it's messing with my confidence.


So tl;dr: I'm in my twenties and have never had a boyfriend/had sex/kissed a guy. I'm very good at making friends with girls and occasionally guys, but they never ever seem interested in more. How can I figure out what I'm doing wrong? How do people meet others in a romantic/relationship context? What would you do if you'd only ever met with disinterest?


Thanks for reading my sap story. Advice would be very much appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment