Pages

Search blog and web

I think I love my best friend

  • Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm a Fresher at university and I'm really enjoying my time here. Over the last week, I've realised that I think I love my straight best mate, Jimmy (I've changed his name). He's broken up with his girlfriend recently and I've been helping him with that and, having been spending loads of time with him, I just feel so complete when he's about. I'm a straight guy as well and I realise there's a clear "He's straight" thing, but I don't even love him on a sexual level - it's just entirely beyond that. I just miss his company the whole time and find myself utterly content just to sit there and have him in my company. I go out of my way to see him and I find myself continually replaying moments we're together. I'm not even especially clingy with him, I have loads of other mates so it's not a case of me being a loner. My dream would be to spend the rest of my life with him without ever having sex and I'd be just so incredibly happy. (Genuinely, on no planet is this a sexual love - i t's just not.)

I have two main questions here: 1) I realise this isn't exactly normal, but do you think I should say anything? and 2) If I don't, should I continue to be his best mate (like, we're just so incredibly close)?

It's a very bizarre situation, but any help would be whole-heartedly appreciated!!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment