Pages

Search blog and web

Any recommendations for good books re: controlling emotions...

I ask because I often act with emotion instead of logic. I want to be calm and think things thru but instead I often react quickly based on emotion and then often regret it later, as I think well I overreacted and now feel like an idiot. I will as well often catastrophize things in my mind and react based on that.

When H and I were going to counseling the counselor told me that I appear to be comfortable with being angry and there is truth in that...I think I feel when I am angry I have power and control...but I realize that it is just the opposite that when I react with anger, etc. that it is because I feel like I have zero control. Anger for me is not physical by any means it is all inside and comes out with words, critical words, etc.

I also like to vent about something somebody said or did that ticked me off and then I think well I feel better now....but then feel kind of guilty for venting.

Gosh just reading this I sound like a mess:(


So any books, apps, etc. that anyone can recommend. Any reformed folks on here that can offer words of wisdom:) Mentally I am tired of doing the same negative behaviours over and over....

I am even debating hypnosis....has anybody tried?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment