Pages

Search blog and web

Worried when girlfriend spends time apart from me...

  • Thread Starter

Hey all,

This thread is more of an emotional outpouring as opposed to a post about trust issues so I'll just write it all as it comes.

Both me and my girlfriend tend to spend a lot of time together, in-between being at uni, and work, as we work together too, and attend the same uni we practically see each other 24/7.

This extends to the fact that whenever she works she stops over at my parents house with me, as she works where I work and I live nearby my workplace (because of convenience).

Recently however she has being seeing a lot of her friends (and whilst his isn't a problem) which makes me feel a little sad. I know it sounds selfish and all, but I'm just so used to being with her. To the point I feel un-human when I'm not with her.


It has got so bad that I rarely even enjoy time with my close friends as much as I did from before, because I'm always thinking about her all the time. I seldom see my own friends, because they are always busy too, and our friendships aren't as strong as they once were.

Whereas, for some reason she still sees her friends, and even though she does see them less, her friendships are much more solidified than mine are.

She still has all her best close female friends and I kind of get a little jealous for attention when I see her enjoying herself with her mates, I kind of long for the same sort of situation. This is particularly true when I have had a bad day and I wish she was here with me. My mother thinks that I shouldn't be "reliant" on others.

I guess I see it as her distancing herself from me, and that bothers me a bit. I guess its because we spent so much time together. I don't like being clingy but I don't deny that I am.

Just the other day I asked her if she thinks I am "suffocating her" and she said "no no your not I like spending time with you". But recently, I don't get as many texts from her, as often. I maybe get the odd text.

We recently got engaged- she asked me to marry her, but I just feel a little insecure that she may grow apart from me. I know it sounds irrational, but, I just feel that she'll miss the time with her friends more, and then have cold feet about us.

Are my thoughts rational or am I just needy??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment