Pages

Search blog and web

boyfriend doing least possible work

  • Thread Starter

I've been in a two year relationship and it was going pretty well. At first he seemed really hard working, going to college three times a week and working the other four days. He smoked a lot of weed with our mutual friend (before we met I didn't really know about it) I cut him some slack for being lazy, thinking he was a hard worker and waiting for him to change seemed really worth it. I love him very much, he has spoken often about having a house, children, marriage with me...which is sweet (although a bit full on-especially when his mum mentions wedding dresses! ) I do feel the same-although I want to travel and experience different things before all of that...I am only 20! 6 months ago I decided to go to Uni after deferring a year-thinking he was worth it. After showing him what Uni is really like he decided to apply too and (after me pushing him and eventually finishing work for him and even rewriting his personal statement at 10 to midnight before the deadli ne) we got into the same one (at first his parents weren't too keen-neither has an education and were convinced he would join the army like his dad). I said bluntly that I didn't agree and would struggle to stay with him if he joined (ideologically and considering we'd be apart for 6 months at a time-I wasn't up for that). Small things bugged me; this summer we went to Turkey for a month together-I arranged everything and did everything while we were away. Again when my parents invited us out to their apartment in Tenerife, he didn't offer once to pay for a meal, I paid for flights etc. making things awkward and demanding.. 'I'm bored, we're going to the pool', 'I'm tired, we're going back now.' 'I'm hungry, we're eating now,' etc. His parents aren't very good with money and so he doesn't have as much as me so I cut him slack when I buy food and he doesn't offer, when he owes me money and takes ages to pay me back..(he complains often about having no money but always has eno ugh for his hobbies, snacks, etc. and with his experience working in garages and studying engineering he could get a job like that if he wanted-I've even offered to write his CV for him-send it to my dad who promised him well paid Xmas/summer work that would be good experience-he couldn't be bothered) but he always finds an excuse not to cook, clean up, go food shopping, go out with friends, wash up, hoover...It's really starting to do my head in. I've done everything I can think of to make things easy for him but I need support too. We are in the same situation and he doesn't appreciate that I miss home too, I'm learning to fend for myself too, I have studying to do too. He's doing the bare minimum to scrape by academically, financially and physically. I love him more than anything and will do all I can to make this work but I feel like I've cut him too much slack, given too many pep talks and am now just exhausted of saying the same thing over again. What do I do? Please h elp!!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment