Pages

Search blog and web

Shall I give up?

  • Thread Starter

So I have been dating this guy for nearly three months now. Towards the start of our relationship it was great and he was just a genuinely nice guy, taking me off for dinner, doing nice things with thought like walking around winter wonderland with me to get me in the Christmas mood.

After previously horrific relationships, and me being his first girlfriend (he's 20 and I'm 19), we decided to take things slow. Theres slow, and then there is this pace. Like I know he is trying to be respectful and everything but I would climb on him and kiss him and things would get heated, but he won't even touch my bum or anything? So I one night we were drunk and things progressed slightly, but not sex. A week afterwards, we spoke about it and he said "I don't think I could sleep with you unless I was drunk, and don't think anything would have happened last weekend if I wasn't drunk". - Now he's a shy and not very confident guy when it comes to girls so I knew what he meant, but ever since he said it, it's like a switch has gone off and I have no feelings for him.

That weekend progressively got worse with him saying stupid things and making promises he couldn't keep. Now, I'm the sort of person that will give someone the benefit of the doubt and try and work through the bad patches. But it's not got any better and he keeps upsetting me unintentionally e.g. used me to get to this photographer, who is my friend too, in order to organise a shoot for him when he was meeting all my friends for the first time. Behind my back. Knowing I love my photographer and could have asked me, but nope he chose her because she's more well known and basically wanted her to help his career blow up on Insta.

I don't even want to kiss him now and after the incident I can't imagine we will be having sex for a very long time. But I keep holding out hope because I truly believe he isn't a bad guy, he's just an idiot that doesn't think. I just wish it could go back to how it was because he treats me really well. I don't wanna walk away cause in the grand scheme of things, the things he does is minor compared to previous boyfriends cheating and talking to other girls and whatever, and he does treat me well. But what do I do?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment