Pages

Search blog and web

Girls - would you date someone who was physically abusive in previous relationship?

  • Thread Starter

Hey, I'm looking for some advice here, I'm so confused I don't know what to do. I'm hoping someone can think logically for me.

I have been seeing someone for two months, been on about 4-5 dates, talk most days and we slept together on Tuesday.

Last night, he told me he had a confession to make - that in his previous relationship he was physically abusive to his girlfriend whom he lived with for 3 years. I'm taking punches, slaps and choking. I knew he had a bit of a temper, but I had no idea it was this bad. Reason being she was unfaithful, she cheated on him three times and he found it difficult to forgive her and her actions were constantly at the forefront of his mind. To say the relationship was toxic is an understatement.

He's not excusing what he has done, and takes full responsibility for it. He feels guilt everyday and can't think about doing that to anyone else. He is deeply ashamed of himself. From what I have seen , there's nothing but good to say about him, but now, I just don't know. He has told me what he is capable of and has promised himself this would never happen again - but I don't want to be a fool and continue on this road if it is just going to go downhill.

He could have potentially kept this a secret and I would have been none the wiser so the fact that he told me this and wanted to be honest with me, I feel it gives him some brownie points.

I really like him, and he is a genuinely nice guy and to think he can do something like this makes me sick. Because we have slept together, I feel like I have given him that intimate part of me, so I am struggling to think logically about this.

Does he deserve a chance? Can you change? Is it wrong to judge someone on their past- surely we all have things we are not proud of?

I would appreciate any advice because I really don't know what to do.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment