Pages

Search blog and web

Being guilt tripped into doing things

I need to get an advice about this situation -please.
My husband asked me if I can bake a cake for some kind of an auction to raise money for a person diagnosed with cancer. To be honest, I did not like this idea because of my schedule, not because I don't want to help.
I have my full time job, I go to a college in afternoons and evenings four times a week, plus I am taking one class online. All of those classes are very difficult and I feel stressed out. I said this to my husband and also said that I will give them money instead of baking. He told me "thank you" in a very sarcastic way.
Needless to say, he was kinda mad at me. Now, what should I do? He could not care less when I was trying to explain my schedule. I would love to bake for them, but now I feel like there is no time to spend hours in a kitchen to bake a cake that will make them maybe 30 dollars, while I can give them that money anyway. It is not like I don't want to help; I just want to help some other way.
I feel guilt tripped into this. I hate when he does this stuff. It always makes me feel as if I was the worst person ever. If it was him who is this busy, I would not even ask that because I would understand that he already has enough on his plate. What should I do? This is not the first time it happened.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment