Pages

Search blog and web

How would you react if....

Have you heard of the movie Wedding Crashers? The one with Owen Wilson where the guys crash weddings to sleep with girls. Well it is a funny movie and my husband and his friends also think the same. Anyways, my husband and I went to his friends bday party in St Patricks day. We were out hopping from bar to bar during the afternoon. There was a bunch of us maybe about 6 people all together. It was fun but I must say it was all mostly guys so a little boring for me but I still had fun. Since they know each other from a long time and I have only recently met them, it is a little hard for me to understand them when they crack jokes at each other but it isnt that bad. Also, 2 guys were friends of friends so my husband only knew like 3 guys from a long time and rest were acquaintances to him too. Anyways so we are walking up to get to the first bar and it is several blocks. My husband and I are both in our late 20s, newly married and he says a line from the mov ie due to the amount of women there in the streets who were drunk and slu-tty..."It's not even fair"...The rest of the guys are single or in relationships but not married. This line was said by Will Ferrel who said girls in funeral were sad and horny, it was so easy to hook up with them that it wasnt even fair.

I thought this line, which was meant to be funny, cheeky, encourage his friends to hit on girls and crack an inside joke amongst themselves, was in my opinion immature, disrespectful to me and unnecessary to have come from my husband. Again, i just want a little perspective on if i am over reacting and this is normal stuff? Even if there were slu-ty women around in the streets cause it was St. Patricks day I dont think this was appropriate to say if you are holding the hand of your wife while walking the streets...and the women were not all naked or anything..it was just a normal st pattys event. Anyways, any perspective would be really helpful.

Thanks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment