Pages

Search blog and web

switching birth control methods?

I know there are oodles of threads about birth control, but as each thread is about a specific poster's situation, there is nothing else to do but make my own..

I'm on the bcp now.. currently on my last month before I need to restock. so it's making me think about other options I have about birth control.

I really don't want to continue taking the pill, even though it doesn't really have many negative effects for me, other than some mood swings, bad cramps that don't last long, and only am heavy on my first day, pretty light flow the next couple of days it lasts. I just don't like to take it.

My doctor suggested I google various kind of birth control before coming to him to talk about it, and it seems that the best options to consider are the pill or an IUD. I guess I could do natural family planning, but actually taking the pill every day has been a miracle to me, so I don't feel I could be consistent with that.

I'd like to get an IUD -- low chance of getting pregnant, lasts a long time -- but I've heard some horror stories about uterus' get punctured, and it terrifies me. I'd like to have kids in the next couple of years too. (I haven't had any children yet, which is another downside to getting an IUD, I've heard.)

I tried to talk with my husband about this, but he said, "I don't know why you're talking to me about it, I'm a guy, I don't know anything about it" so he's not much help..

so I have to decide between continuing with the pill, getting an IUD, or going the NFP route. but I don't know what to do. I've done some research, but it doesn't even help me..

So really, I would just love someone (preferably older and wiser! :)) to bounce ideas of and get advice from.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment