Pages

Search blog and web

Poetry to help you move on after a breakup/ transitional periods?

  • Thread Starter

I find that poetry really helps me in times of self-reflection and transitional periods in my life. I have always loved Ulysses by Tennyson; sample this:

I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro'
Gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades
For ever and forever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnish'd, not to shine in use!
As tho' to breathe were life!

Poems that helped me deal a recent transitional phase after a breakup include:

Elizabeth Bishop's One Art
Margaret Atwood's You fit into me
W.H Auden's Musee des Beaux Arts
Derek Walcott's Love after love
Philip Larkin's Since The Majority Of Me and Love, we must part now

Any recommendations for poetry (and novels, plays, etc.) that may have helped you get through a slightly stressful phase/overcome a loss of some kind?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment