Pages

Search blog and web

How do you ladies feel about women being in the military/law enforcement?

A friend of mine is joining the Marines and I have known her for years. Granted, she has always been a real tom boy and overall a pretty tough chick but I have to say I have mixed feelings.

She is 25 and her dad was also in the Marines, he died last year of lung cancer which was a very sad day. I know she was a real daddy's girl and did a lot together so I am thinking a big part of this is her following in her dad's footsteps so to speak.

Now I was supportive of it telling her I am glad she is doing what she wants. However her mother is not supportive at all telling her how dangerous it is and how she could be killed/raped/tortured etc. She has really been trying to desuade her.

While I myself have never been in I do have to admit if I were I'd frankly feel less safe having some short women back me up then big tough guys, especially if I were shot and needed to be dragged to safety or such.

Now I don't question their commitment or bravery, but as bad as war is I get this horrible feeling in my stomach what could happen and just feel bad to think what kind of psychological toll it would take on women. My friend is one that would jump at the chance to fight in the front lines and I know at least in the U.S they are supposed to let women fight by 2016.

In my town we have one female cop. I see her now and then (and she's quite the beauty) such as pulling someone over, giving tickets etc. And while I know she is trained when I see her I just can't help but wonder what would happen if some big tall tough guy were to resist arrest or tried to hit her. Not saying those things are good happening to men and not to sound sexist but I just feel like it's sad that women are willing to put themselves in danger like this; women are to be protected not sent to fight or arrest guys with knives/guns etc.

I'm sure I may get some ladies here picking up their axes and pitchforks but that's just how I feel.

Interested what women here have to say.

Thanks for reading, and again, no offense intended, just some thoughts.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment