Pages

Search blog and web

How do I stop being negative about guys?

  • Thread Starter

I've been treated wrongly by so many guys in the past (friends and love interests) that I'm not the innocent, naive person that I was a few years ago. Now I'm just quite cynical, I try to avoid them altogether, and when I see myself getting close to one, I distance myself completely. I've just turned quite mean I think in general when a guy shows me attention because I just see it as another opportunity for me to get hurt, but I know deep down it might not be like that... but then again it might be so I just like to save myself the hassle, and focus on enhancing other aspects of my life such as uni, work, family, friends and myself. Is that so wrong?

It's just when friends try to suggest potential partners for me, I just say no instantly, point out all the flaws in that person, myself, and why it could never work.. I can see myself being perceived as a bit of a stuck up bitch (pardon the language, I just couldn't express it any other way) by them but at the same time, I'm just doing what's best for me and protecting myself temporarily at least as I've had enough. Just had to let it all out.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment