Pages

Search blog and web

Should I move back home or find a shelter and move on

It's been another year, almost 2 years, and I am still posting this at the 'considering' section.

I guess I finally have had it. He came home in the morning last Sunday... actually Monday early morning all drunk and fuxked up, disoriented and snapped at me.

A really long story short... first he wasn't working, bum out at home and drank away until I said I need to leave him. He went to rehab, sober for three years. But, he went sober, still no job no drivers license and get up at his 'night shift' hours, played pc games and smoke weed all day (or night). Financial crisis hit and there I needed to sell our house, and he didn't help nor contribute at all. I truly wanted to leave, he finally got a job and keep the job, but he started drinking heavily again. Even worse now, he verbal abuse me, gave me attitude, went out and come home in the morning all fuxk up.

Those are the negative things. Here's the positive things and that's why I stayed with him for so long. I feel love because he does the little things, like saying 'I love you' all the time. He would fold my PJ on bed before I go to bed and kiss me good night. He would buy me cute stuff like a cup cake with a happy face. We still hold hands walking our dog. I know all that sound so stupid for a grown adult woman but yes.. these are little thing he does that capture my heart. AND most importantly... he never gets angry for more than a few hours. That's not the case anymore.

Thinking about the whole time we were together for 15 years now. I have always felt that things are chaotic and unmanageable, and I thought it was me who couldn't handle keeping up.

Since last year at the hospital, crisis councelors, social workers, psychologist and psychotherapist, they all told me the same thing... 'get out'. They all told me he is emotionally abusive. I really didn't get what that means. Until now. Until I am totally broke, emotionally and financially broken. It takes a bankruptcy to wake me up. He is not a monster and I still love him very much, although I also get very angry and hate him at the same time.

I left on Monday, I just packed some clothes and took off. I left him a note with a rent cheque, said I cannot married to an alcoholic anymore. I am living in a hotel which I can only effort maybe for another week. I called the woman shelter, they told me space is not guarantee and they are temporary and have a strict schedule. My finance is picking up slowly I won't be able to sustain with all these bills to pay and moving out.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment