Pages

Search blog and web

How soon do you tell your spouse you want a divorce?

I am in no shape to pack and leave any time soon, I have college to finish which my father in law helps out with, I have barely any job experience and I am terrified. I have never been on my own before. They know how to raise women out here to become dependent. Straight from parents house to my husband's.

I have been contemplating divorce for a while and have finally decided to do it. I just don't know how or when to tell him. He has a temper and im also afraid of that. I have my parents I can move in with my family in texas (i live in Egypt right now) but they don't have the finances to support me while I find a job and im kinda scared my husband will not help me out, should our divorce go through, even though he said he would hypothetically.

Some friends have told me to stick around till I get my degree (in 2 years). My husband also recently decided to move uw to Texas as well next year or so, and friends have also suggested I stay with him and move with him to make the transition easier.

Im 25 (yes I know 25 without a BA is ridiculous - I had panic disorder and took a lot of time off) and study broadcast journalism. I'm scared of not being able to make it on my own. Or because I have not been really 'out there', that I would crack from the pressure. I'm multi talented however.

I don't want to act like everything is fine and use him for his money or support like that, it's not fair. But I can't even transfer to a university in Texas until I get my GPA up, which I plan to do this semester.

I dunno what to do.

Do I express my desire for divorce now? Or wait till I have saved some money on the side and established a back up plan and a bit more independence? I want to be honest, im just scared he will turn on me or that our time together until we split will be unbearable.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment