Pages

Search blog and web

Money > pride, pride > money.

Random ramblings.

I suck at accepting help. I mean seriously suck at it. If I was up to my nose in quicksand and someone threw me a rope, i'd refuse it. "oh, I'll be ok. Really...)

It might be an NG thing, a 'guy thing', or just some misplaced sense of pride. Determination to "do it myself", even when I know I can't. A long term issue that causes me more problems than it solves.

In this case it's money. Since the separation I've found (much to my surprise) that I can get my paycheck to just][about get me through the month. But this month is going to be tough. I've had some serious extra expenses (vet bills) and xmas is right around the corner. I could use my CC to keep me going, but it's getting close to maxed and i'll struggle to get it back down.

Waw had some money given to her from a family trust fund and wants to share it with me. She has offered it to help with the vet bills and with some extra ££. It's a generous offer from her and made with honest intentions behind it.

If you've not read my thread, although we're currently separated, we are working hard at R and it's going great. We're getting along better than we have in 20 years.

I'm just wrestling with my pride. I know I need to take the d*mn rope, or run the risk of going under completely. At least for a while. The much awaited overtime at work should kick in soon (IT Project) and i'll be able to get some ££ stashed away.

I've just got to make it until then. And accept the rope.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment