Pages

Search blog and web

Mum wants my boyfriend to change/doesn't approve. Help

So basically, I love my boyfriend to bits. He's the nicest guy I've ever met- sweet, kind, funny, considerate etc. Makes me happy. But he's stuck in a dead-end job with no ambitions for the future, and he's 23. He also still lives with his mum. This doesn't bother me too much because I realise how lucky I am to have such a fantastic person in my life- plus I realise he doesn't really know what he wants to do with his life career-wise.

Anyway, my mum keeps saying to me "your boyfriend really needs to decide what he wants to do with his life. He's 23 already and he's stuck working behind a bar". I understand her views but don't understand why she feels the need to tell me this. It isn't her place to decide what my boyfriend does with his life, nor is it mine.

If he decides one day he wants a new career, then great, i'll support him 100%. But I cannot tell him what to do, and i'm certainly not telling him what my mum said. It isn't fair.

I feel my mum is being really quite unreasonable here and its upsetting me quite a lot. I get on so well with my boyfriends family, they are great. Yet my mum seems tp think that because he doesn't have some fancy career, my boyfriend is no good. Its a load of crap, but I don't want to get into a fight with my mum. What can I do? :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment