Pages

Search blog and web

Gender Specific Bennies

In the 'Sexual Objectification' thread, there was a lot of talk about the trials and travails put upon women because of their gender. Leers, gropes, sexual assaults etc.

But this is only, IMO, half the story. Currently, I commute a lot to a Third World Country. In some ways, much more is expected of me because I am a WASP male.

But in other ways, I am also cut much more slack because I am a WASP male.

So, ladies, I would ask what gender specific benefits do you think you garner to offset the negatives.

It can be anything from 'nicer clothes' to 'getting out of trouble easier' to 'childbirth'. What benefits in society do you see yourself accrue which your Y chromosome counterparts lack?

I'll start this off (and I hope not on a negative note) in that women always have a career track: mommy/child caregiver. I had a conversation with a female co-worker. Her plan B if her career didn't jump start was 'getting married'.

This is an option I lack unless I want to be a cabana boy for a wealthy heiress...and frankly, I don't have the abs for that.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment