Pages

Search blog and web

I like this girl, it's an awkward situation (Sorry for the Essay)

I'm 17 and I really like this girl but she lives 250 miles away and although it's not in another country, it's still a considerable distance which is probably the smallest part of the problem.

I first met her in an online game with a few other people who are also my age. We were all complete strangers, so basically we all became friends and had our own little friendship group. As time went on we all became better friends, we started adding each other on skype, following each other on twitter and so on. (We've skyped, cammed, follow on twitter, snapchat ect… I am 100% sure she isn't fake.)

I started talking to her more, we have so much in common, and we always have fun and a good laugh and normally pick each other up if one of us is upset or calm eachother down if one of us is angry ect... We'd always be talking to eachother and I began to like her, but said nothing about it.
I later got the idea she liked me, nobody directly told me but people were joking about it, she was a bit embarrassed about it because obviously she wouldn't want me to find out through them so I just pretended I didn't hear it and pretended I was oblivious to it. I never acted on it though because I'm just really shy and I don't know, I just feel uncomfortable with relationship stuff (I've never had a girlfriend before)

About a year later we stopped playing the game, we started talking less because we had exams and were busy with our lives and just never started talking as much as we used to. Now we text eachother everyday but it's only a fraction of how much we used to talk and it's getting harder because I find we have less and less to talk about.

I'm worried that she might not like me and if I tell her I like her now, she might think it's a bit out of the blue considering all the other opportunity I've had and I think it'd just be awkward. Even if we did start a relationship online, I just have no idea how it would work. I think a possibility would be to talk to one of the people who are friends with both of us but I'm not sure talking to them would accomplish much.

In theory I could get on a train and go and see her, but my parents are a bit of an obstacle in this too. I can't really tell them I want to meet a girl I met online in a game; they wouldn't really listen to anything else, regardless if I even told them I used to skype with her all the time. I have no family near her and I'm not someone who travels the country a lot so there isn't I way I could go without telling them. I go to university next year so I could go and see her then but I'm just worried it'll be too late.

I'm generally lost, I do really like her, and I don't feel like this about anyone else. I just haven't acted on it and I feel like an idiot sometimes but idk I just feel unable to tell her in case things get really awkward between us because I value her just as much as a friend.

I realise the best advice is probably "Just tell her" idk I am just so shy about it. Any advice to overcome that too?

Any advice on what you think I should do next would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much in advance.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment