Pages

Search blog and web

How do I make my father love me?

Before I begin, I would like to state that I love my father and any replies slating him shall be ignored. I'm making this thread solely for advice.

Basically, I need some advice on how to fix my relationship with my him. Ever since I was a little girl we've never gotten on. He has awful mood swings (he doesn't drink so not alcohol related) and at times it just seems as if he wishes I'd never been born. From a young age I could tell he despised me, if one of my siblings did something bad I would get double the punishment because I was older and should've known better. This is when I was around 6 or 7. When I was about 8 years old i remember him telling me specifically that I was the worst of all children, and that it's my fault that I'm such a hate-able child. Since I've gotten older its become less, however this is only because once I turned 13ish I began to ignore everything he said. I gained a bit of weight then (I was nowhere near overweight, just slightly chubby) and it became his new favourite hobby to tell me how disgusting and fat I was. He still says that to this day but I just ignore it. It doesn't really matter I guess

What really bugs me is this. My father suffers from high blood pressure which he says gives him headaches. These headaches are apparently the cause of all his anger, which I understand. But he constantly tells methat I am the reason for his high blood pressure and that if he has a heart attack it'll be my fault. This really upsets me because obviously he is my father so if anything did happen to me it would break my heart. But I don't understand how he can blame his health problems on me. It makes me really scared of angering him, but my dad gets angry at the littles things, from a messy kitchen to a shoe not in the shoe rack. I don't know what to do and I really want to make him like me. He gets angry at the littlest things. Last week he asked me a question and I mumbled an answer because I didn't want to make him angry, and he got angry at the fact that I was mumbling to him and he picked up a broomstick and whacked in on the headrest of my bed so hard that the broomstick s napped in two and he said if I ever spoke to me again my mum would be scraping my face off the pavement

He constantly uses these headaches as an excuse to shout at us kids or my mother. But apparently I'm the sole reason for his problems. Can somebody please help me find a way to make him like me. I don't want to make him mad all the time. Also I am 18 but moving out is not an option, so please don't say that. Thanks so much if you read all of that and please help me

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment