Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend Pays for Family Dinner?

Hi Guys, a few opinions needed here.

So I have been dating my boyfriend for about 7 months now, and he met my parents around the 2-3 month mark. They like him and when he comes over once a week, there's a bit of small talk, a bit of light hearted banter etc.

My dad suggested that we go out to an Indian restaurant and bring him along. He understands it's serious, so may ask him a few questions about future plans etc.

The only thing is that at the end of the dinner, it's no doubt that my dad is going to expect him to pay for the meal. It's the polite thing, as well as following on from the "you take care of my daughter" speech he has prepared. My family are also big eaters with starters, mains, drinks etc and Indian food isn't cheap. It's not uncommon for us to rake up a £60-£70 bill for 4 of us, let alone if the bf is coming. And quite simply, the bf can't afford this.

I'm not sure if there's a way of my the bf holding face with this, paying his own? Going half? I'm afraid that my dad will be quite belittling for him, like "you can't pay for a simple meal" type of mentality. I'm contemplating lending him £30 to help pay for it but I also don't want to be suggesting that he can't afford it, and him take it the wrong way.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment