Pages

Search blog and web

Would you marry someone 5-10 years older?

So my cousin has just gotten engaged to a guy 9 years older than her (she's 20, he's 29). My other cousin did something similiar. I've noticed this trend in a lot of religious (especially Christian) couples I know as well; people around my age (early 20s) often end up in serious long-term relationships with, or marrying, those 5 or 10 years older than them.

Usually, the girl is younger, which surprises me. I know people say "girls grow up faster," but because women tend to live 5 to 10 years longer than men, wouldn't that mean that they had even less time to spend with their husbands? That, after their husbands died, they could potentially spend a couple of decades without them?

I turn 20 soon and I find guys in their late 20s (27-29-ish) much more attractive as they're more mature, but is getting in a relationship with someone that much older really short-sighted?

What do you think? Would you only marry someone within a certain age range?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment