Pages

Search blog and web

I'd love to marry my girlfriend but...

She is very keen on family life/relations - while I am too, I'm concerned for not only the ceremony but also family life after.

She said she's excited for me becoming a part of her family - that when we're married her family will consider me as much as family as they consider her and I'm equally excited for that.

The thing is I feel ashamed that I don't have any family to join hers.
(My mum died when I was 14, my dad when I was 17 - I don't talk to any of my other family at all).
Also, I'm from the UK, she's from the US so even if I did have family, the chances of them coming here for the ceremony or even to visit is non-existent anyway.

The shame I feel is from the fact that she's excited for me joining her family and by extension I guess she's excited with the thought of my family also joining hers (although I have none) and I can't give her that.

It's not even to do with her expectations; it's the fact that I'll be joining her family with no family of my own - her family will be opening up to me yet I have no family to do the same for them.

I know this might sound pretty insignificant but it's a big thing for both of us and I feel that I'll let her down by not having a family.

Am I being irrational?
I've spoken to her about it briefly and she's been amazing with being understanding and whatnot. The issue isn't with her but more with what I can't give her.


Also, I'm new to the forum so apologies if I've posted in the wrong board.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment