Pages

Search blog and web

How to deal with Misanthropy?

I'm a misanthrope and have been for a couple of years now.

I can understand why I am the way that I am by looking at past experiences as I've had a fair few things happen in my life so far from people very close to me which have left me with rather large trust issues. After one particular incident a few years ago, I believe I sub-consciously decided that I'd had enough with people and as a result over the years have pretty much taught myself to live in complete solitude. I'm a very independent person who has traveled the world alone and i'm happy doing pretty much everything by myself. However...

Obviously, I don't have any people i'd call friends. I have a few acquaintances that I could call to hang around with but ultimately the relationships are rather superficial and i don't find myself getting much from them. I wouldn't put it past any of these people to stab me in the back at some point given the chance.

It's another Friday night where i'm in watching The Big Bang theory with a glass of wine alone. I'm fine, but it would be nice to have one or two close friends to hang around with and have a chat or potentially a partner.

It's nothing to do with me not making an effort with people or joining clubs/societies etc which seem to be the typical responses. If you've never experienced misanthropy then those are the kinds of responses you'd give. In actuality, I do more than most people in terms of things that get you to be around others - the issue is that regardless of how anyone comes across, my brain will just not allow me to go beyond a certain level with someone in terms of a relationship.

So yeah, I've tried counselling in the past and it hasn't worked. I don't want to be like this forever... does anyone have any experience with this kind of stuff who could suggest ways for me to combat this ?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment