Pages

Search blog and web

Homemade deodorant.... It's the bomb!

Store deodorant does not at all work for me. I have lovely extra bacteria growing under my arms which is genetic, my kids have it too. I've tried the salt rock by crystal, which works okay, but I still perspire.

I found this recipe online, but I don't follow the exact directions.

The recipe calls for

1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup cornstarch
6 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
6-8 drops essential oils(optional)

I tried this and it worked like magic! No more smell whatsoever, which has never happened since I hit puberty. I don't need to rewash under my arms several times a day any longer, plus all the ingredients are natural. Im really into homesteading. :)

My version is equal parts baking soda/corn starch and just enough coconut oil to make a crumbly mixture for it to stick together. I have 3 types of oils and I've used peppermint so far. I preferred not using the essential oil.

I only need to apply once in the morning and I'm good to go all day no matter how hot and sweaty I may get.

I thought I'd share in case anyone was interested!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment