Pages

Search blog and web

My wife cheated and it hurts

We've been together for around 11 years. In that time, I've found a secret phone 3 times. Never any physical cheating that I could ascertain; but she wanted to talk to old male friends that she knew I didn't trust. Instead of breaking them off, she hit the communications.

Fast forward to now. I found another phone. Texts in it show a planned meeting, and a thank you, it was wonderful. And texts the same day to yet a second single guy that was hitting on her. She came fully clean, as far as I can tell, and owned up to everything. She met the sexual tryst at the gym where she had been going to try and feel better about herself, and he said and did all the right things to make her feel good. She went over to his house 4 or 5 times, with the last time for the express purpose of sex.

Here's the deal. I love her, and have always loved her. I am angry, hurt, confused, violated, etc, you name it. I am 53 and would rather get past this and maybe get better, than divorce and be alone. Is it possible? Will I ever get the images out of my mind, and the thoughts that come to me with little provocation?

I know she wasn't getting the emotional support from me, as I just got tired of being the only one giving in the relationship. She admits to this also, and understands they why. She makes no excuses, and claims it has never happened before with us. We are starting counseling to see where it will lead. Right now, I don't even want to touch her or her touch me. She feels dirty. I just know what we had at one time, and wonder if that basis will be enough to move forward. Or if I should cut my losses and run. She has even agreed to a post nup that will state if she is ever unfaithful, even in hiding a phone, that she will leave the marriage with nothing. She swears it was a huge mistake, is extremely sorry, and swears it will never happen again.

Maybe talking here in this forum will help me? Am I being stupid? Oh, I am her third husband. She left #1 for #2, and #2 for me. I fell for her, hook line and sinker. I realize I should not have, as she was not yet divorced, but that was a long time ago, and the main reason we didn't marry for 7 years.

She has serious self worth issues, and I believe it led to the current situation. Not a reason or excuse, just a fact. She made the conscious choice to do what she did. I may or may not agree with what I read and hear here, but am hoping it will help me deal with it all. It's been a week since this all went down...




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment