Pages

Search blog and web

I think I am boring, and I am scared of my boyfriend leaving me.

I suppose I have a lot of self-esteem issues, and I have been this way for as long as I can remember; sometimes better, sometimes worse. I am a 23 year-old girl, and have been with my boyfriend for nearly a year and a half.
I do not like clubbing, I do not drink, smoke, take drugs, etc.

I try to not gossip about people/judge them/make fun of them etc. because I was bullied for many years in the past and I know it is hurtful.
My favourite sort of hobbies are the cinema, films and tv in general, going for walks, swimming, eating out, reading, music, and art.

I am also quite quiet/introverted and whilst I have friends for whom I am very grateful, after about an hour or two of being with them, I find it tiring being in their company and want to go home/spend time alone. Not because they bore me, but I just find it draining. I dislike sleepovers and this stuff for the same kind of reason.


My boyfriend and I are in an LDR, and in some ways, I think he is the same as me. We do not go out much when we are together, but when we do, for example, we might go for a drink, and he just sits there playing on his phone, and not taking my conversation seriously/looking distracted.

Sometimes, I feel like the only meaningful conversations we have are when he is drunk, which sounds bad. I try my best to make interesting conversation. We thankfully have a lot in common, I try to talk about films, the funny parts, ask his opinions, music, tell him funny stories, ask about his day, stuff like that. I talk about my feelings (not constantly) that I am happy to be with him, to see him, stuff like that.

But these days, he barely has any time to speak/makes a lot of effort to talk. He says he is busier now at work and thus cannot message as much, which is understandable, but now he does not feel like talking in the evenings either. I am taking it a bit personally and worry that I am boring/he is getting bored of the relationship.

I always try to be funny, to take an interest in him/what he is doing. I do not spend my time talking about myself/bitching about people etc.
He is a member of a society and he goes to several of their events, and I get afraid he will meet a girl there who he prefers, who he can have more interesting conversations with/is more like him.

He is quite intolerant of people who are not overly interesting to him, even if they are nice people, and I am worried. It sounds irrational probably, but I if dunno if I should confront him with my fears. What do people think?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment