Pages

Search blog and web

Potentially could be more than friends but I'm can't see her for another 6 weeks!

Ok so towards the end of the summer term at uni I started to notice that one of my good friends (who I also lived with at the time) was acting differently towards me and wasn't really sure what was going on. Anyway, a few days before term ended I finally plucked up the courage to broach the subject with her, basically to say that I'd noticed something different and that I was now quite confused about my feelings. She said that she'd also noticed something change but hadn't really thought about taking it any further partly because we're about to leave for uni summer holidays and also because she wasn't sure if it just meant we were getting closer as friends or if it was something different. I took that to mean that she's probably just as confused about how she feels as I am. She did also say she wouldn't want to do anything to ruin our friendship as this sort of thing has happened to us both before with different people, which I also agreed with. I did say though that I thought she wouldn't hurt me like people have in the past in that way etc etc. Anyway we both agreed that it would be stupid to try and commit to something just as we're about to not see each other for a while, but I did tell her that I thought it could work between us, and when I gave my reasoning for it she seemed to agree with it. Basically we left it as leave the whole thing over the summer and then see how it goes when we're back at uni in September.

Basically I do really like the girl as more than a friend and I genuinely think that it could work as something more even though we're already such good friends. The problem is I'm really struggling with not being able to see her for such a long time and being unable to actually do anything about our situation until we get back to uni. Since we last saw each other (just after we had our talk) we've been talking loads (practically every day to varying degrees) and a lot more than we used to when we weren't at uni together. I also am pretty sure that her feelings haven't changed based on the way we've been talking, although that's hard to tell over text. We've been talking about literally anything, but nothing about where we stand (I'm deliberately trying to avoid the subject just in case I scare her off, and she hasn't brought it up either). But if I'm honest I do really want to bring up the subject, because I'm a complete pessimist when it comes to things like this, so I need reassurance that I'm not making stuff up in my head. I don't really know how to bring this stuff up (or whether that's even a good idea) over Facebook or text but I would like to start hinting at or broaching the subject as we get closer to going back to uni. She's abroad until the beginning of September and I'm away until a week after that so I'm not going to see her for another 7 or so weeks at the earliest. So basically I need some help, first of all in coping with being away from her and not being able to sort this situation out, and secondly on any ways in which I can bring up the subject and hint that I do want to take us further than where we already are. Hope this makes sense, cheers guys




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment