Pages

Search blog and web

Trouble with Work

I would like for other people to help me come up with some advice to give a very dear friend of mine. We have been friends since high school and so I value our friendship. Here is some background on her.

She is 29. They have two kids and one on the way. They have been married for 8 years. In the beginning, their marriage was really strong. However, I think that they were both immature when they got married and my friend jumped into the marriage because she had already had their first child.

She has stayed with him because he has always provided for her kids and she wants to keep the family together. She puts up with him being lazy around the house and not helping out much because he was always a really hard worker, taking overtime whenever he could to bring in more money.

Two months ago he got laid off from his job. My friend is working two jobs and in her second trimester. She was hoping to let go of one of them, but now there is no way. While she works everyday and takes care of the house and kids, he sits at home on the computer and watches TV. She asked him about getting a job and he says he is applying online for jobs. He refuses to call anyone or to go out and apply in person, which I think is usually more effective.

Needless to say, my friend has had it. She told me today that she threatened him that she would move out and take the kids with her to her mom's. I have no clue what to tell her. I just don't know why somebody who has always worked hard would suddenly be unwilling to do anything. At least if he can't find work, he could step up and help her with the house and kids!

Since I am getting emotional just thinking about this, could someone please give me some advice on what she can do? How should she approach this? Is separation warranted? She is miserable and feels abandoned and lonely. What should she do?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment