Pages

Search blog and web

This is affirming what I already knew...

But for some reason I am still upset.

For several years I had been unhappy with my ex's view on money. She was terrible with it and always left it up to others to bail her out. Daddy supplied the funds before marriage. During marriage I was the one to get hit up for stuff. (And I'm sure she is banking on Daddy's $$$ later in life)

Since I'm away from her I am happy with my own handling of money. I live within my means and am saving for myself and kids' school. (I can't count on her help with school, another sore spot as I feel I will be the one paying because she is irresponsible. In a way I will suffer becasue I want my kids to do better while she is still getting away with her poor financial choices.)

She got a healty check in settlement and ran out and got a brand new vehicle. Her old one, that she wanted so badly, had 60,000 miles on it and was well kept. Quite a few of the miles were highway.

Am I jealous? Is it just bringing back old feelings of money mismanagement? I don't know. I wish I could blow this stuff off.

I could go out today and sign papers for a new car but choose not to and if I did I'd get year or two old to save from getting hit with the new car depreciation.

Anyone else run into this?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment