Pages

Search blog and web

The end of Road (Civil Partnership down the swannie)

Hello everyone and having found this fantastic website last weekend i thought I'd share my tale of misery and how I'm starting to move my life forward. My story is a tad different in that I'm in a Civil Partnership with my STBXH.

I met D back in 2002 and he was my second long term relationship but having had my heart broken back in 2000, I really wasn't looking for a relationship, but cupid never gives you warning! We moved on and on the 7th July 2007 under UK Law we entered into Civil Partnership. Over the years there were plenty of problems- mostly involving my STBXH being totally stupid with money and wanting to have the fantastic successful "Gay Image". New car? Not a problem- as I would pick the bill up - or he wouldn't pay and then ignore the debt letters finally leading to the car being taken away.

Back in 2009 I was told by my GP that I was clinically depressed and this led to us breaking up for a about a month (as part of his arrangements- he insisted that I pay for marriage councilling which he never attended after the 1st session). To be fair we moved to the countryside and it did improve the relationship.

In 2011, after years of drifting from job to job- he took over a pub which at first paid well and kept up with my modest earnings. But then the normal pattern returned- he was not paying bills at the pub, getting into a dreadful pickle, so guess who picked up the pieces from this via my wages each month??

He started getting friendly with a mutual friend in December 2012 and became very very defensive towards this lad (my STBXH is 40, this lad is 22)- and I did warn him that things weren't looking healthy again, to which he said that I was making something out of nothing. At this point even mutual friends were calling him "Camilla" (think Prince Charles and Di for our American friends).

In February I came down stairs to find the pair of them fully clothed on the sofa cuddling together, both drunk at 6am. I'll admit I lost my temper and I slapped my husband. He fell into a baby gate which we have to stop the dogs going upstairs). We talked later when again I was told nothing was going on and that I was reading to much into it.

By now the relationship was really rocky, he was staying out all hours taking drugs (coke and speed) and drink driving on a nightly basis - how the hell he never got caught I just don't know.

Anyway- to the split in my next piece




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment