Pages

Search blog and web

Staying Together For the Kids

So my husband and I have been unhappily married for 13 years. I can't actually remember a time in which we were ever really very happy with each other.

Five years ago we were pretty much just coasting and I accidentally got pregnant. It was a stressful time due to the baby's health, etc. After we jumped that hurdle, we've pretty much been fighting nonstop. Every day. Just constant bickering and sniping and the occasional shouting. Terrible, I know.

Our daughter is now and she rarely asks about why Mommy and Daddy don't get along, but have we already screwed her up irreparably? Is she doomed to repeat our mistakes?

Say we get divorced right at the time she's going to start school (in two months) wouldn't that just do more damage?

I don't want her whole life to be disrupted by starting kindergarten and then not having both of us to come home to after school. I'm a SAHM and she's never even had a babysitter. And my husband has worked from home her whole life.

She's never known anything other than a two parent household where the parents are around 24/7.

So say the fighting stopped tomorrow. Not saying we could love each other, that's not possible. But if we just quit arguing. Is it better to be in a two parent household where the parents are basically roommates or better to divorce and just let her deal with the fallout?

And this is so completely selfish, I know, but I'm 35 and my husband is 36. Do we really want to be almost 50 years old, waiting until she graduates from high school, to end it? We've already spent 13 years of our lives with the wrong people.

Part of me says if I love my daughter I'll just tough it out for her sake and give up on any chance of love for myself. And then another part is kind of depressed at that idea.

Has anyone heard of someone sticking it out for the kids who didn't eventually end up feeling bitter and used up at the end of it all?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment